AWS BUILDER'S WORKSHOP | AMAZON CONNECT: BEYOND THE BASICS
WEDNESDAY, 24 AUGUST | 6PM - 8PM CDT (US)THURSDAY, 25 AUGUST | 9AM - 11AM AEST (Sydney)
Amazon Connect: Beyond the Basics – Lex Self-Service
Amazon Connect: Beyond the Basics Mini-Workshop Series
Fill out the form below to register now!
This small group, interactive workshop series offers an opportunity to take your Amazon Connect skillset to the next level. In this technical series, we'll dive deep into some advanced features of Amazon Connect, for those already familiar with the basic Amazon Connect services.
This 2-hour virtual session covers core concepts related to the creation and configuration of Amazon Lex and its capability to incorporate self-service interactions into your Amazon Connect call centre. This session requires:
- A general knowledge of various common AWS services leveraged alongside Amazon Connect (Amazon S3, Amazon CloudWatch)
- A high-level understanding of voice and/or chat bot interactions
- An understanding of what it takes to create your own Amazon Connect instance, edit IVR contact flows, and creation of a simple Lex bot
- (Preferred) Understanding of API requests. True self-service enablement requires retrieving caller data from a 3rd party, most commonly a CRM or backend database. This session will provide a simple AWS CloudFormation script to use an Amazon DynamoDB table in place of a CRM for demonstration purposes.
This small-group interactive session will provide some insight into this new functionality and enable you to start your own testing and explore Lex’s capabilities.
Who Should Attend
Solution Architects, IT decision makers, and business stakeholders who have some familiarity with Amazon Connect’s capabilities and want to understand the value and effort to incorporate Lex-enabled self-service interactions.
Lecture: Introduction & History of Amazon Connect
- Who is VoiceFoundry
- The history of Amazon Connect
- Key features of Amazon Connect
Overview of Amazon Lex
- Architecture alongside Amazon Connect
- Features of/changes in Lex v2
- Strategies for caller data collection
Demo: Amazon Lex Self-Service
- Amazon Lex Bot Creation
- Built-in slots
- Custom slots
- Amazon Connect Implementation
- Adding Lex to Amazon Connect
- Replacing DTMF with Lex
- Testing/review in CloudWatch
Q&A: Amazon Lex with Connect
- Amazon Lex - Built-in Slot Types
- Amazon Lex - Customer Slot Types
- Alexa Skills Kit - Slot Type Reference
- Amazon Lex - General Guidelines
Kyle Moeller, Solutions Architect
Kyle Moeller joined the VoiceFoundry team in 2018, first as a developer, then quickly moving to the business development group as a Solutions Architect. Prior to working at VoiceFoundry, he worked as a database administrator and software engineer. He joined VoiceFoundry to help companies move from legacy contact centre solutions with heavy infrastructure requirements to cloud-based Amazon Connect.
Liz Petrovic, Solutions Consultant APAC
Liz Petrovic is the Solutions Consultant – Practice Lead for VoiceFoundry APAC and has 20 years of IT experience in the contact centre space. She has had various roles in contact centre management, training, and support during this time. In the last 10 years Liz has moved into the application management and solution design space where she has designed, built, and supported various contact centres from a range of industries.
With a legacy of over 40 years in the contact centre environment, VoiceFoundry provides customized contact centre solutions that empower customers to deliver intelligent and dynamic customer experiences across all channels, leveraging AWS. VoiceFoundy specializes in the design and delivery of Amazon Connect, a cloud-based enterprise contact centre solution used globally.